Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Tumbler Ridge, BC - North East British Columbia
Schedule/ Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week, 4x3 schedule), permanent position.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible coordinating for the following as well as other related duties assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the Mine site while achieving the business objectives of Conuma Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement established programs such as the performance review cycle and compensation review cycle for operations.
- Implement individual and HR team projects such as reward and recognition, retention, and career development programs.
- Build and maintain relationships between operations and Human Resources to create awareness and understanding of HR strategies and philosophies.
- Work collaboratively with all operations, leading and/or partnering on the communication and implementation of new HR programs and initiatives.
- Provide information and advice regarding workforce planning, employee relations, workplace issues, workplace health and safety, and HR related legislation.
- Keep current with changes to legislation such as Human Rights Act, Privacy Act, Employment Standards, and Health and Safety legislation.
- Conduct exit interviews, identifies key issues and trends and makes recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Monitor key HR metrics to identify operational level trends and strategic issues requiring action planning.
- Monitor the employee experience throughout the operations to identify employee relations issues and opportunities, recommend ideas and actions.
- Ensure the disability management for the operations including short-term and long-term.
- Implement and evaluates human resources policies and programs against operational and employee needs.
- Promote the corporate culture and values.
- Ensure consistent and fair application of policies.
- Liaise with supervisors to provide constructive discipline documentation and ensures proper processes are followed and records kept.
- Oversee all aspects of HR administration: new hires, benefits enrollment, tracking probations, new employee orientations, collection of survey information, vacation, in lieu days, etc.
- Liaise with Accounting on payroll changes and personnel records.
- Work with supervisors and managers to determine recruitment requirements for operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Human Resources role.
- Completed or working towards a CHRP designation.
- Knowledge of legislation pertaining to employment.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio.
- Familiar with Human Resource Management Systems, experience with ADP.
- Familiar with recruitment software.
- Maintaining confidentiality is requirement of position.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Possess strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail.
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of files, personal information, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods.
Work Location / Travel
- Employee transportation is provided.
- This position would need you to relocate or rent in the communities surrounding our mines. We do not offer LOA, or camp, or travel allowance. Conuma believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place.
Wage and Benefits
Conuma provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.