Job Title: Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Location: North East, BC
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
Please be aware that no camp facilities are available.
Directs maintenance crews in the installation, repair and preventive maintenance of equipment used throughout the plant, facilities, utilities and powerhouse equipment. Oversees maintenance of processes in order to reduce mechanical downtime and keep product flows and production lines running at maximum efficiency.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia
Three time winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out safely and according to company policies and legislation.
- Leads teams of Maintenance Mechanics & Electricians in predictive & preventative maintenance and machine repair.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and day-to-day supervision of maintenance systems, processes and documentation associated with efficient and High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, SOP’s, Safety, etc.).
- Ensures maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and works closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
- Develops and/or maintains Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.).
- Provides long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Trains employees on proper work methods and safety procedures.
- Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
- Provides regular status reports to maintenance management team.
- In the absence of key personnel, the employee’s supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Valid journeyman’s certificate, technologist certificate or engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years of maintenance supervisory experience.
- Five to seven years hands-on (non-supervisory) experience in maintenance.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement concepts in both operating plants and capital development projects.
- Experience driving cultural change and implementing proactive maintenance strategies.
Leadership and Problem-Solving Capability
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy, and sincerity.
- Having strong motivation.
- Visible team player at workplace.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity skills.
- Demonstrate a dedication to the position and the organization.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Be consistent and fair in decision making process.
- Conflict management skills.
Work Location / Travel
- Employee transportation is provided.
- Please be aware that no camp facilities are available. Conuma believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a workplace.
Wage and Benefits
Conuma provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.